Friday, September 14, 2012

My Love 4 U Is Authentic N Lasting (4 Short Story Slam Week 27)








This feeling won't change,
no matter where I am, what color of eyeballs I have,
and what book I read...
It's not about echoes of others or greed.
#
I think of you when I'm in the Middle Kingdom
while you are in Chicago,
I feel the aromas of your wisdom
while in Austin, eating many a Mexican taco.
#
I'm home mostly, taking care of our baby,
with you traveling to Toronto, Greece, or Germany,
when days become busy, we eat food from Italy,
and visit Houston, Fort Worth, London, or Broadway of New York City.
#
with two affordable boys to raise,
i wish i have given you more deserved praise,
you carry knowledge not from bookstores, but well worth,
you make my days filled with waves of warmth.
#
I feel thrilled to pedal around, stop by Seattle
on my way to visit you during the summer break,
At sunset I know I will see morning settle
after a night's rest, you are a branch to cuddle.

11 comments:

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

love is hard to preserve but it worthwhile.

Lexi said...

touching words.

Amy Blecha said...

love it.

Anonymous said...

sincere and heart warming.

Anonymous said...

loving and beautiful.

Myrna R. said...

Awe, this is sweet. It weaves some of the challenges in a web of love. Nice.

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

Thanks.

Dawn said...

Love is always beautiful and you have put it well :)
Keep writing
Cheers
Dawn

Michelle Ivana Yunaska Theilfing Obama said...

touching and fun.

Unknown said...

great sentiments.

Anonymous said...

great passion and love.