Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Life Is No Fun Without Z










X-axis is lonely,

Y-axis is lovely;

When two of them form a right angle,

They have built a plane, solid like a triangle.

X-Y plane is strong but flat,

soon they begin to dream of something more than that;

Z-axis is lonely,

XY-plane is lovely,

When three of them work together to form a family,

They constitute a beautiful space in geometry.

Thus, x-axis is cute,

xy-plane is cuter,

and xyz cubic space is the cutest.

please look at the graphs above,

Enjoy a good laugh!

Life is no fun without z,

you got to learn you a-b-c!

*****
Linked it to Random Tuesday at:
http://joanies-random-rambling.blogspot.com/2011/01/random-tuesday-thoughts.html

19 comments:

TALON said...

You are making me look at the alphabet (and math which I always hated) in a whole new way, Jingle! And I'm actually liking it! :)

Judie said...

I plan to read your post again tomorrow because it looks like something I would ADORE. It is late, though. I wanted to thank you for your comment. If my son had not been in Safeway when the shooting began, MAYBE I would not have become so incensed. When it hits so close to home, though, it gets you in the gut.

Caroline said...

Awesome Love it !!!

The Unknowngnome said...

It's not much fun without W too! Uh-oh, it must be tax time. :-)

Rashmi said...

Wonderful,cute and brilliant I love this one Jingle...

Koek! said...

Zany chick!

Dave King said...

A+*** That's more than brilliant, that's genius level+! It really appeals to me. Super.

(I am still having trouble linking to the Pot Luck page at Jingle Poetry. It looks like I'm doing something wrong, but I can't think what. I only get old pages.)

Cildemer said...

Fabulous Z post!
Thanks for sharing;o)


***
Have a happy ABC Wednesday****

Someone is Special said...

Ji, So sweet way of penning down a poem.. Superb..

Someone is Special

izzy said...

More dimensions are good! always thought geometry should be fun- but it was a whole lot of memorizing...Love it when it's simple, thanks!

Anonymous said...

too complicated!

kaykuala said...

Good teasing. Maths..maths..!

Myrna R. said...

Never new math could bring a smile to my face. This is over the top cute.

Reggie said...

I was never a fan of the x,y,z's of math, but you certainly give me a new way of looking at the graphs...showing the different aspects of life...I really like this.

Anonymous said...

cute one ji.

lots of love
trisha
mydomainpvt.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I love everything about that poem but I'm biased I love math particularly geometry.

JamieDedes said...

The poet and the mathematician combine beautifully in you. Well done.

eyeography said...

This is so cute...
kids can be taught like this...
it will be fun and like a game to them...
lovely :)